Whether you just moved to a new house, or your old light bulbs burned out, or maybe you are just feeling like reducing your energy bill cost, you might want to consider using LED light bulbs seriously.

But you are probably asking yourself since the market offers so many options: Traditional incandescent bulbs, Compact fluorescent lights (CFLs), Halogens, Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs), Etc. Why exactly opt for the LEDs?

Are they really worth the money? And how effective are they?

As they are a bit more expensive than the other lighting products, you might not see LEDs as a lucrative switch at first. But we are here to prove you wrong and show you the many advantages that LED lights offer, and that will make you save a LOT of money!


What are LED light bulbs, and how do they work?

First of all, you need to understand what LED lights really are.

‘LEDs’ stands for Light Emitting Diodes. They basically use the movement of the electrons in the diode’s material to directly convert electric current into light.

LED light bulbs are becoming the most popular choice for lighting nowadays as they are low energy and more efficient (they are actually 90% more efficient than incandescent light bulbs).

More importantly, LEDs will make you save a lot of money, and here is why:


  • They are directional light sources!


The fact that LEDs are directional light sources means that they emit the light in a specific direction, which makes it very easy to focus the light precisely where you want and need it.

Incandescent bulbs, on the other hand, emit light and energy in all angles and directions without the possibility to direct the light. And this makes them way less efficient than LEDs.


  • They are environmentally friendly!


CFLs are known to contain mercury, which makes them dangerous, especially if they break since small beads of mercury can be released that way.

LEDs, on the other hand, do not contain any toxic mercury, and this makes a significant impact on reducing toxic waste.

LEDs are also more durable and last a long time; it means that you will use fewer light bulbs in the long-term, and this simple act will make a big difference as it means less production of light bulbs, less packaging and also less transportation.


  • They save energy!


The difference between LEDs and other lighting products is that they release much less heat.

To be more precise, LEDs convert 95% of their energy into light, and only release 5% of their energy as heat, while CFLs convert 10% of their energy into light and waste the remaining 90% of energy.

The difference is enormous, as you can see. And, this only means that LEDs are, by far, the best option, thanks to their low energy consumption.

They are especially efficient when used in hot cities, or spaces that often get hot (the kitchen, for instance) because this will certainly reduce the cooling bill as well.

Not only that, but they are also safer as they represent less risk of overheating, which eventually reduces the risk of them burning out.


  • They are affordable!


LEDs are very affordable nowadays. They are not as expensive as they used to be, and their prices are still dropping. And, even though they are still more expensive than CFLs, you should consider them as an investment in the long term. Because using LEDs means less energy, which also means a significant reduction to your bill.


  • They are long-lasting!


LEDs are very durable and last longer compared to other lighting products. They last three times longer than CFLs, and 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs!

For instance, one LED will last 25 000 hours (some others last much longer, up to 200 000 hours) while an incandescent bulb will only last 1000 – 1200 hours

This means that 1 LED light bulb is equivalent to 25 incandescent bulbs. And for $1 each, it means you will be spending $25 while you can simply get a $5 LED light bulb and save the rest!


  • They do not require maintenance!


This will save you money on the multiple repairs because, unlike other lighting products, LEDs do not suddenly stop working and do not require maintenance.

So, if you are one of the people thinking that saving money equals buying the cheaper lightbulb, we hope that now you understand what it really is about.

You should choose very carefully and take into consideration the multiple features that the lighting product offers and the costs they will reduce in the long run, such as the replacement cost, the energy consumption in general, and everything else we mentioned above.

And that is the only way to realize that LED lighting is the best choice and how much money you will actually be saving.

Save up to 75% on your Electric Bill

Save up to 75% on your Electric Bill

You wouldn't want to pay $$$$ every month. Bring the bill down to less than $50 a month with Solar. Learn How Now.

You have Successfully Subscribed!